How to Connect PS4/Xbox Controller to iPhone or iPad
Mobile gaming is becoming more and more popular in the last several years. Today, you can find thousands of games of different genres and prices available on the Apple Store. Although it is a very convenient way to play, meaning that you can play on the go, the controls on the mobile phone are far from perfect. Therefore, in the latest iOS update (version 13), Apple introduced the feature that enables you to use PS4 controller on iOS (and Xbox controller too). In this article, we will tell you how to pair them.
Steps to Connect PS4 or Xbox Controller to Apple Mobile Device
Connecting Xbox or PS4 controllers to the iPhone or iPad is an easy and intuitive process. As the developers said, after users successfully pair them, they can play any game using controllers, not the device’s screen. Moreover, it is allowed to connect several controllers to one device at the same time. But the process of pairing PS4 and Xbox controllers with mobile devices slightly differs. Let’s dwell on the PlayStation 4 controllers first.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to Phone iOS?
To pair PS4 controller to Apple mobile device, you should follow these simple steps:
- Make sure that your controller has sufficient charge;
- Open the Settings menu;
- Find and click on the Bluetooth option;
- If Bluetooth was switched off, switch it on;
- Then, press and hold both PlayStation and share buttons on the controller;
- Once you see DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, save it to your Bluetooth list;
- Finally, tap it to connect.
If you see the pink light on the controller, everything is done right. Otherwise, do not panic and try to repeat these steps. Still does not work? In such cases, we recommend you to search the solution on the Internet, just type something like this in Google: “My PS4 controller wont connect”. There are a lot of possible reasons and solutions.
How to Connect Xbox Controllers to iPhone/iPads?
Now, let’s see how to connect the Xbox One controllers. Note, not all Xbox controllers are compatible with the Apple device. You need to have the newest Xbox One controllers that came with the Xbox One S, Elite Series 2, and One X.
If you are not sure what model of controllers you have, you can check it. Here is how. Commonly, the developers put the name of the controller model under the batteries. Hence, first, you need to open the battery compartment and then pull out the batteries. If you have the needed controller model, you can follow the steps below to pair it with your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Settings menu and proceed to Bluetooth;
- Turn on the controller (for this, you need to press and hold Xbox logo button);
- After that, check that you have a switch on Bluetooth option on the mobile device;
- Press the Connect button on the controller;
- The blinked Xbox logo means that the device is in the pairing mode now;
- Now, return to your Apple device, and find the Xbox Wireless Controller on the Bluetooth list;
- Tap to connect.
What About Nintendo Switch?
After Apple had released the option that enabled to connect Xbox and PlayStation 4 controllers, all users started to ask them about Nintendo. Unfortunately, for now, we still don’t know about the future support for the Nintendo Switch controllers. Apple has not left any comments on this. Also, it will be great to see such support for Mac Books.
Do you have questions about how to connect PS4 controllers (or Xbox) to your Apple mobile device? Then, leave them in the comment box below. Our team will read all of them and respond as soon as possible. Maybe, you faced some troubles during pairing and found the solution. Share your experience too!